Forward Deployed Engineer
We are looking for a highly talented and passionate individual to join our team of engineers deployed to the front line.
This is where the rubber meets the road, where the product has to meet customer needs and create value. You are an engineer who loves data and wants to see technology and data used successfully. You have a great attention to detail and are very proactive in seeking potential roadblocks to success. You have great people skills and know how to manage the trust and expectations of a customer.
Above all, you want to make it work! You know how to get the relevant people to help you achieve this goal, and you are prepared to roll up your sleeves and write code in whatever language makes sense to bypass obstacles and make things work.
You handle pressure well and you love being part of a team that wins.
You will build tools to extend the manageability of the product and insure customer success.
You will be working closely with the founders and the engineering team helping define customer requirements, sell our value proposition, deploy the product and make customers productive and successful on our platform. Also, as a key customer-facing engineer, you will be providing valuable product feedback and help improve the functionality and deployability of ActionIQ.
- BS in Computer Science or similar.
- Proficient in at least 1 programming language.
- Ability to engage with both the business and technical teams of a client.
- Ability to relay a business problem in a clear and concise way from the customer to our product and engineering teams.
- Ability to explain technical problems or concepts in a clear and concise way to non-technical users.
- Fluent in English.
- 1+ years in a client-facing role that involves being a point-of-contact for technical and non-technical users.
- 1+ years in a technical role that involves managing and manipulating large data sets (100’s of GB), such as ETL, Data Warehousing, Analytics, Data Science, etc.
- Familiarity with AWS (EC2, S3, CloudFormation, etc), Java/Scala, and/or Git.
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Work with a top notch engineering team building a leading edge data solution
- Learn the business side of data, technology and enterprise software. Find out what it really takes for software to deliver real value for real customers.
- Work with leading edge marketing organizations and acquire deep understanding of how modern consumer marketing functions.
- Top health insurance benefits
- Great office and location in downtown Manhattan