Software Engineer, Full Stack
ActionIQ is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to lead the development of our enterprise web application and APIs as we scale up the amount of data we're handling, the number of customers we have, our engineering head count, and our product. You'll work very closely with our Product and Design teams as we go from ideas to designs to implementations. We're building a product that our customers will spend hours a day using -- you should be excited about not only building a usable product, but a delightful and engaging one as well. You must be a good communicator and be able to explain complicated deep technical topics to your peers. You are a leader, a mentor, and a learner.
We're a React + Immutable.js shop (and bits of D3) with a self-built flux/store system on the front end, but we're not tied to our ways. On the API side we use Scala heavily with a bit of Thrift thrown in the mix. As a senior engineer you'll take ownership of building out product and figuring out how we should build it. You'll need strong system design fundamentals and staying up to date on industry standards is a must. Is the switch to Redux worth it? Can RxJs help standardize how we handle asynchronous operations? Why is a specific API call so slow? These are the questions you should be asking yourself, and the team, on a daily basis as we hire more engineers and figure out how to make them as productive as possible.
- BS in Computer Science or similar.
- 4+ years experience in relevant roles.
- Experience with modern web server frameworks: Express, Rails, Flask, Django, Play Framework, etc
- Experience with modern web UI frameworks like React, AngularJS, Ember
- Experience with persistence technologies: Mysql, PostgreSQL, Cassandra
- Scaled APIs and micro-services and worked with versioning and dependency management.
- Leadership experience is a must
- Work with a fun, inclusive, smart team of people as we build a NYC-based enterprise software company
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, FirstMark Capital)
- Top health insurance benefits.
- Convenient working location with great subway access.