Product Marketing Specialist
ActionIQ is the next-generation data infrastructure for the CMO. Combining data management, customer insights, and marketing activation into a single solution for the first time, ActionIQ approaches marketing data in a stunning new way. By empowering marketers with all of their data connected on a single platform, ActionIQ delivers an accelerated way to turn insight into action. The team behind ActionIQ brings years of innovative technology breakthroughs and a vision to help marketers finally get the solution they need.
We are looking for a prolific and talented product marketing manager well versed in B2B2C enterprise martech and big data to drive go-to-market strategy and execution for our Enterprise Customer Data Platform. This role will cover a wide scope of product marketing initiatives including marketing intelligence, messaging and positioning, sales enablement, product launch and go-to-market strategy, and thought leadership development. Your ultimate goal is to communicate the product’s value to the market and key stakeholders (both internal and external).
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter that can hit the ground running to help shape, launch and market our platform as we continue to change the dynamics of customer-centric marketing. We are anxious to speak to those with the intellect, innate motivation, and project management skills to conceive marketing programs, get organizational buy in and execute on their ideas. If you have a background in B2B2C enterprise martech, big data and analytics, and a passion to evangelize technology that drives business value, reach out to us!
This role is an integral component of the company’s success; the ability to communicate well and synthesize complex and abstract ideas into simple language (align capabilities to business value, and drive messaging internally and externally) is invaluable. This is a critical role in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and requires a high-energy person that can operate in a dynamic environment. Big picture, critical thinkers that are able to operate with ambiguity yet always deliver on time and on budget will thrive.
- Market & Competitive Intelligence – create buyer and user personas to ensure alignment on our target audience, their buying criteria, and core messaging for them; gather competitive intelligence and create battlecards to ensure we are able to stand apart from them; keep abreast of the industry trends, the market influencers, and the general ecosystem of martech, ensuring we are positioning ourselves well in a dynamic market.
- Product Positioning – define and document our product messaging and core market differentiation, aligning to delivered business values; ensure positioning is consistently filtered through all channels of communications, internal & external (e.g. sales teams, content marketing, industry/media briefings, etc.).
- Product Launches – work with product team to drive clear product messaging and content, to ensure sales and marketing understand core product features and differentiators; work on product launches for major features, including internal and external materials and communications, aligned with product roadmap and delivery.
- Sales Enablement – ensure sales clearly understands and is able to articulate product positioning and differentiators; deliver tools that support sales enablement, such as battle cards, messaging briefs, sales training, etc.; support sales cycles with unique messaging and content as needed.
- Content Generation – work with content marketing to deliver high-quality product materials and collateral (brochures, sales decks, website copy), as well as thought leadership materials in the form of blog articles, whitepapers, eBooks, videos, web pages, to support demand generation campaigns and sales cycles.
- Demand Generation – support marketing team on lead generation activities, including tradeshows, email campaigns, webinars, events, etc., with messaging and thought leadership
Education & Background
- Bachelor’s required; Degree in marketing or business strategy highly preferred
- At least 3 years of proven SaaS B2B product marketing experience at a marketing technology, data, or analytics provider; or equivalent industry experience as a sales engineer for B2B2C enterprise applications
- Demonstrated track record of prior success in launching new technology products to the market
- Pragmatic marketing training/familiarity a plus
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of marketing technology and applications; data-driven applications on a big data platform
- Experience crafting marketing messages and differentiating products in crowded market spaces
- Experience gathering customer requirements and market intelligence and synthesizing information to inform product messaging and sales strategy
- Crisp communication and writing skills including the ability to succinctly and effectively explain complex data, analytics, and technology concepts; you should be at ease presenting to both internal and external audiences
- Comfort in working with cross-functional teams, including sales, engineering, and senior executives
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and able to operate in a fast-paced, intensely deadline-oriented work environment
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Top-notch health insurance including generous coverage for dependents
- Work with the smartest people in the industry
- Once-in-a-lifetime career opportunities as the company enters it's hyper-growth phase