At ActionIQ, our engineers are responsible for building the only scalable CDP in the market. Specifically, they're responsible for:
1) an easy to use product that connects customer data, insights and experiences to allow for truly personalized marketing
2) a proprietary data storage and query layer that enables our platform to offer our clients immediate access to terabytes of their data real-time,
3) the hosting of the ActionIQ platform and the underlying services for our clients.
(You can read more about CDPs here: https://martechseries.com/mts-insights/interviews/interview-tasso-argyros-ceo-actioniq/)
As we continue to grow, we are looking for an engineering manager to lead our Fullstack team which is responsible for building the product our clients use. This product is the face of ActionIQ’s software platform and owning that and leading the engineers who build it offers long-term leadership, product and technical opportunities.
The expectations of the role are:
- Lead the engineers in the Fullstack team so that they continue to build a product that is loved by our clients
- Work with our Design and Product teams to identify opportunities, define features and set the roadmap for the Fullstack team
- Be accountable for the delivery of our product
- Map organizational and team goals with career development goals of engineers in the Fullstack team
- Contribute to how we build excellent engineering teams within ActionIQ
This is a high impact engineering leadership role and is best suited to someone who is excited to work in a growing startup and wants the opportunity to lead our future success. You will be working closely with our engineers, Design, Product, and customer success teams.
- Excellent problem analysis and solving skills
- Engineering team leadership experience (>10 people)
- Experience designing, testing and delivering web applications
- Agile team project management experience (as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Tech Lead)
- Experience recruiting, coaching and retaining engineers
- Familiarity working with/building frontend applications, api services and database solutions
- Experience in a leadership role in an enterprise software company
- Experience owning and evolving a complex technical platform over a multi-year span
- Long-term team and portfolio management - roadmap planning and prioritization, managing technical debt, distributing work amongst engineers, and owning an agile development process
- Work with a fun, inclusive, smart team of people as we build a NYC-based enterprise software company
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, FirstMark Capital)
- Top health insurance benefits.
- Convenient working location with great subway access.