Senior Forward Deployed Engineer
We are looking for a highly talented and passionate individual to join our team of engineers deployed to the front line.
This is where the rubber meets the road, where the product has to meet customer needs and create value. You are an engineer who loves data and wants to see technology and data used successfully. You have a great attention to detail and are very proactive in seeking potential roadblocks to success. You have great people skills and know how to manage the trust and expectations of a customer, and have experience of leading technical initiatives and mentoring team members.
Above all, you want to make it work! You handle pressure well and you love being part of a team that wins. You know how to get the relevant people to help you achieve this goal, and you are prepared to roll up your sleeves and write code in whatever language makes sense to bypass obstacles and make things work.
You will be working closely with the engagement and engineering teams, in order to:
- Manage new customer deployments: engage with the customer team and their data vendors, to configure the platform, data transfer process, and data model.
- Manage the day to day process and requests to make the customer successful
You will also be:
- Delivering on strategic initiatives for the field team, spanning from designing new solutions, coding them up, defining and documenting processes
- Engaging in solution architecture, resolving technical issues and developing tooling
- The face of the company and a source of feedback for our product team, full stack and backend engineering teams
- The advocate of the customer in collaboration with engagement managers
- Proficient in at least 1 programming language
- Familiarity with: AWS (EC2, S3, CloudFormation, etc), Python, Java/Scala, SQL, Github/ Git
- Other skills, considered a plus:
- Project Management, Customer Management, Communication, Problem solving
- Testing, Documentation
- 5+ years in a technical role that involves coding in order to manage and manipulate large data sets (100’s of GB), such as ETL, Data Warehousing, Analytics, Data Science, etc.
- 2+ years in a client-facing role that involves being a point-of-contact for technical and non-technical users
- Experience with the marketing technology vendors and industry, and one or more of the following:
- platform integrations/ APIs
- deploying enterprise SaaS solutions
- developing tools and customized solutions for customers
Academic/ other requirements
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Fluent in English
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Work with a top notch engineering team building a leading edge data solution
- Learn the business side of data, technology and enterprise software. Find out what it really takes for software to deliver real value for real customers.
- Work with leading edge marketing organizations and acquire deep understanding of how modern consumer marketing functions.
- Top health insurance, 401K and commuter benefits
- Great office and location in lower Manhattan (Flatiron district)
- Food available every day, including 1.5 hour weekly team lunch in one of the great restaurants in the area, and catered food once a week.
- A plethora of social events to participate in, including our annual summer retreat
- 3-4 weeks of vacation