Database Kernel Engineer
You are passionate about databases and distributed systems. You love to think about concurrency and consistency problems. You read up on the latest research from academia, participate in conferences, and are active in the respective communities. Tough problems excite you. You are excited at the prospect of hacking a database kernel. You dive very deep in the stack to design and implement core features that have fundamental improvements to the entire system.
Our system is an in-memory MPP database, with many micro services and pipelines hooking up to it. Working alongside our backend team, you will be pushing the limits of database / distributed systems technology.
- BS in Computer Science or similar. MS/PhD a plus.
- 5+ years experience in relevant roles.
- Led a team, recruited engineers, and managed projects.
- Killer distributed systems developer.
- Proficient with database kernel internals. Isolation levels, indexing schemes, join strategies, etc are basics for you.
- Experienced with modern data infrastructure technologies like Hadoop, Storm, and Spark.
- Scaled large backend systems with many interconnected parts.
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Work with the smartest people in the industry
- Top health insurance benefits
- Convenient working location with great subway access