Director of Solutions Consulting (Presales)
ActionIQ is building the next-generation data infrastructure for the CMO. As Marketing becomes more data-driven, and CMOs become more sophisticated, a new market next generation, data-first Marketing Applications are emerging. Such technology does not exist today and ActionIQ is a pioneer pursuing a multi-billion dollar opportunity. The quality of the founding team, employees & investors sets ActionIQ apart from any other Marketing Technology company today.
This role will be responsible for designing and presenting solutions for our North America Enterprise prospects. The responsibilities of the Presales function start at the very beginning of a new sales cycle and end when a new customer goes into production. The Presales team is supported by the Field Engineering team that provides technical resources as-needed to support the presales activities, as well as the Product team that provides roadmap and deep product expertise.
- 6-10 years of experience in presales / sales engineering roles supporting sales through complex deal cycles at to Global 2000 businesses
- Hands-on experience leading whiteboard technical discussions and creating/delivering presales presentations and demos.
- Experience responding to RFPs, Infosec and Privacy questionnaires.
- Solid understanding of the B2C CRM Marketing and general knowledge of the Marketing/Advertising technology space., including Marketing Clouds, MarTech, CRM technologies
- Understanding of data technologies, including the Hadoop ecosystem technologies, Cloud databases (Redshift, BigQuery), databases/data warehouses like Teradata
- Solid knowledge of SQL and relational database technologies
- Experience with, or ability to quickly learn, a prospect’s business challenges and uncover cutting edge use cases that Marketers can deploy to advance their data-driven Marketing activities in order to and achieve quick ROI
- Empathetic communicator with both technical and business/non-technical users. Ability to identify pain points in order to target messaging based on the audience. The candidate should be able to go deep into a technical discussion where needed while simultaneously being able to simplify complex technologies to business users
- Proven ability to partner with sales, field engineering, product management & engineering in carrying out successful sales motions and bringing back feedback to improve product functionality
Valued but not required:
- CS degree. We do require strong analytical skills however and at least a basic understanding of SQL and database technologies.
- Proven ability to lead teams, hire/retain world-class talent
- Experience in other Enterprise Software/SaaS functions such as Product Management, Product Marketing, Sales, Professional Services
- Experience working on data in G2000 businesses, including Enterprise Data Governance, EDWs, Data Marts and related technologies/concepts
- Competitive salary, bonus & stock options package
- Top-notch health insurance including generous coverage for dependents
- Become part of the most ambitious enterprise software startup in New York!